There must be something weird in the air in my house because for the past week, or two, maybe even longer my kids just think they need to wake up all night long and come and get in mommy and daddy's bed, and despite the fact that they are continually carried back to their own beds, they keep coming back. What is that all about? Charly's not so bad, but has been coming in at least once a night saying she had a bad dream, we let her cuddle for a while and take her back to bed when Mason shows up or when Porter starts squealing. What is the trick? How on earth do we get our kids to stay asleep, IN THEIR OWN BEDS all night? Porter gets in this habit of waking up anywhere between one and three and thinking he needs to crawl around and play, and this lasts up to an hour or more. It is just oh so annoying, and I am quite tired, quite easily irritated, and not as happy as I could be - don't they understand - to have a happy mom, let mom sleep!!!!!! Mason has never been interested in being in mom and dad's bed, and all of a sudden, here he is showing up several times a night. I try to be patient with it all and think, they are only little for a while, let them cuddle, let them have this, but yet, I AM TIRED - can't we bargain and like give me two nights of full sleep, then they can have two nights of waking us up all night, and so on? Probably not, huh? Darn kids.


Yesterday was the Primary Program, I am a primary teacher so I was sitting with my class and did not get to see my little Charly girl, but I was such a cry baby. The first song the kids sang was I am a Child of God, holy crap, the music started, my tears started, and I was like, come on, Heather, get a grip - then the sweet, little, powerful voices blared out the words (In a good blaring way - it was powerful, and very spirit inviting). Yeah - I pretty much lost it. Dang those primary songs!! It was great - the kids are so sweet and innocent, and hearing them sing of the Savior was wonderful - everytime I thought I had pulled myself together, they were singing a new song. It was great to feel the spirit through these sweet children's voices.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Sleep? . . . . . . . What is that?
Posted by D and H fam at 11:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
When you find out....LET ME KNOW!!
How are you guys?
Holy Crap.. Our kids have been doing that too!!! Katelynn is way to big for it now but she has been the worst lately...4 times the other night...and let me tell you.. as my belly grows..the room in our bed is shrinking and is not kid friendly space at all! I am usually up atleast 5 times a night taking kids back to bed..they usually trade off, one wakes up and crawls in our bed and then I put them back and an hour later the next one comes. I have started sleeping on the edge now so they can't crawl into our bed anymore. I have found Will on the floor next to our bed a couple times!
I know I need to move Jack out of his crib but it's stories exactly like this one that keep me from doing it. I close their doors at night and I don't care what happens I'm not opening them until 7:30 am. I know this is inevitable though..
Well there really is no way to stop them from coming into your bed except to just keep carrying them back. They can cuddle BEFORE bed and DURING the day but I need my sleep. My kids used to do that and right away we would take them back and say- "this is your bed- love you, see you in the morn". Now with Parker, he is a different story! He still comes in our bed once in awhile but I love to cuddle with him because he is a boy and doesnt like to usually be loved on and plus he is super heavy so if Adam doesnt get up- no way I can! How are you girlfriend? Had me some authentic southern food yesterday! Collard greens, sweet potato pie and corn casserole! Delicious! Whats goin on with y'all?
Post a Comment