Monday, May 26, 2008

Charly Bug (our little squirrel)

Our Charly is growing up way too fast, how can I slow it down? She just graduated from pre-school and will be starting Kindergarten this fall. She begs and begs me to let her ride the bus and I am SO scared to let her, however, I know I can't shelter her forever. She just got to participate in a dance recital with her preschool class; it was adorable and she really surprised us because she got way into all the dances and stuff. She was swinging those hips, posing like no other and even blew kisses to the audience.Kisses At their Christmas program she just sat there and acted so shy. We had no idea what her graduation and recital would bring, but she was an absolute doll. Well, along with her growing up so fast is her ever growing sassy attitude. She is a girly, girl and can be OH SO dramatic some times. She does not handle not getting her way too well and is put in her room for time outs often for throwing fits over the smallest of things. Charly loves to play outside and be with her friends, like her dad, she doesn't enjoy being cooped up inside for long periods of time. Charly has the sweetest tooth I have ever seen. Several times I have caught her spooning sugar into her mouth from the sugar jar. She's always trying to sneak goodies and stuff she should not be eating. I now hide the real good stuff and buy healthier stuff that she doesn't seem to mind. Now I've gotta break me from the sweets. When bed time is approaching Charly loves to snuggle in the bed with her mom. Depending on the time and whether or not I'm about to pull my hair out from the days events with the kids, I usually let her cuddle in bed with me until she falls asleep, why not, right? Pretty soon she'll be a teenager and won't want anything to do with me, might as well cherish it now. Charly is so fun and creative. She is SO smart and half the time I wonder where she has learned all that she knows. She is a great help with her brothers and she enjoys dancing and singing to/for them. She loves to entertain us, laugh and play with her daddy. She makes me laugh quite often with the funny things she comes up with saying. She is a delightful addition to our family.

0 comments: