So, I have a little fibber on my hands. Charly is getting into a pretty nasty habit of telling some white lies. I am scared to death of her teenage years - I better get into some serious therapy now so I can handle whatever she throws at me. It truly does scare me, but who knows, maybe she will surprise me and stick to the ways I am trying to raise her. She just loves to test things and walk that thin line now, I hope she will just 'walk it for the good' as she gets older. Yesterday she came home with a pencil that I had never seen before. It had already been sharpened and the eraser was missing so I asked her where she got it. She said, "oh, Ms. Bowman (her K teacher) gave it to me for being SOOOO good in class today." I said, "oh really, well I'm going to send her an email and ask her if that's true." Charly then said, "okay, Calena (sp?) came up to me on the bus and asked me if it was mine and I told her yes, because I wanted it." So there it is -two lies -one to Calena and one to me. I don't even know what to do about it. She tells little fibs like this quite often. Dustin told her that he is going to take her to talk to the bishop about her lying. Too bad this Sunday is conference because by next Sunday we probably won't remember that we told her she has to go to the Bishop, unless of course, she continues to lie - then it will be easy to remember. Oh my, oh my - my hands are full with this girl. I don't even know what to do about her and her lies - advice??????
Other than that - we are getting excited for Halloween and the holidays. We love this time of year because we get to decorate our house and it's all just so much fun. D got the kids those 'bubba' teeth and Porter had a hay day chewing on his (he's teething) it was cute and hilarious all at the same time. (Sorry - that was some dinner still left on his face/nose - not cooties.)
And of course - some pictures of our cherished moments - when the kids are FINALLY asleep!! Charly and Porter are so similar - when C was a baby she HAD to be in our bed, as does P now - so here they are together, where they drifted off, together. And little independent Mason - loves to be on the 'cout' (couch) with his dad, so there you have it.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008
And the truth shall set you free . . . .
Posted by D and H fam at 1:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hello Morris Family,
So glad you found us, it was really nice to hear from and to know what you guys have been up to.... Your kids are so big and so cute!!! It will be fun to stay in touch and keep up with you guys!!! Have a great day!!!
One of my good friends all growing up was a compulsive lier and she is one of the most righteous people I know. So, there is hope. And those teeth are hilarious!
Post a Comment