I always have such a hard time giving Dustin a gift that I know he will just love. Well I hit the spot for Father's Day. I bought Dustin a hunting license. He LOVES to go hunting and he was SO excited when he got his gift. It was great to finally give him something that I know meant a lot to him. So this past weekend he had an opportunity to go hunting. It was a holiday weekend and I was kinda bummed that he would be gone the entire weekend (Fri-Mon), but I still gave the OK. I knew how badly he wanted to go and how happy it makes him. So he went. He bought an elk tag for archery hunting. This would be his first time hunting with his bow. He was in Heaven the entire day before he got to leave; he could not wait. So needless to say, he got up there late Fri night, but early Saturday morning he got an elk quite quickly. He said it was almost boring - he just walked out, there they were and bam - it's over. I think the whole thing is kind of sad, but he does eat the meat, so what ya gonna do? So he had to wait a while to go get it and by the time him and his buddy were able to go try to find her they were not able to do so. Shortly after looking opportunity struck again and because he hadn't attached his tag to the first elk - he was able to get another one - TWO IN ONE DAY.
He was thrilled. Beginners Luck, huh? It was pretty late at night and it was one big animal to haul down the mountain in the dark so they tied it up hanging from a tree (to keep it from bears and such) and were going to come back in the morning for it. Come morning, what do they find? A bear had eaten a pretty good bit of it. On the positive side, it only took them one trip instead of two to haul it down the mountain. Dustin was still pretty excited and was really happy to have gone. He already wants to go again, but I told him to slow his roll!!
So, single life at home - AHHHHHH. Mason tested me to the max this weekend. Sunday was a horrible day! It must have been something in the air because several of my mommy neighbors also stated that they had horrible days with their kids on Sunday. Please, someone tell me, what difference does it make if daddy or mommy takes the little two year old to nursery? Dustin can take him (Mason) and Mason will walk in like he owns the place - no looking back. I take him and he gives my leg a death grip and cries as if all the kids are lining up inside the door just to attack him. I did not have time to convince him that he would be safe and can go in. I was also holding Porter, my diaper bag, my lesson bag and fighting to get past/around the 500+ members in our ward that are piling into the hallway. Also because I had to go teach Primary class solo. It was a nightmare. I took Mason into my class with me and he just put on quite the show for everyone, I knew there would be no paying attention to the lesson. And to top it off, the teachers that teach the class next to us (same age kids) did not show up, so I got to add their class (and it's huge) to my class. Mason was dumping crayons all over, saying blee blee, bla bla to anyone that would look at him, it was ridiculous. Let's shorten this up. I finally got my bro to come watch him for the rest of my class - after I dumped Mason onto him I got back into class and the ten minute bell rang - I hadn't even started my lesson. Then my neighbors took him during sharing time. Thanks so much to those who helped because I was about to lose it. Lose it in the sense that I would have dumped my kids at church and taken off to who knows where and came back who knows when. Mason preceded to go nuts all afternoon at home. He continually strung food all over the kitchen and with Porter being so mobile now, I swept the kitchen, probably 10 times on Sunday. And Mason wouldn't stop picking on Porter and making him cry. It was just such a horrible day; I really lost my cool - yet realized I wouldn't want to be a single mom and Dustin really does help out a lot with Mason. He should - the two of them are so much alike.
Well, happy ending - Mason was such a different little character on Monday. Such a sweet loving boy all day. I decided I would keep him. And he showed his brother the ropes of tearing out some "lady things" from their boxes. OH CUTE BOYS!! Well, this novel is long enough. Sorry I always post SO MUCH. I've got to shorten this stuff.
Mason made sure to put things in the proper place - ha ha (the 'nursing pad') and he was SO nice to give his brother a special hat. Ha Ha. How funny!!
P.S. I LOVE THE FALL - LET'S GO COUGAR FOOTBALL!!!:
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Living the Single Life - Not So Nice
Posted by D and H fam at 10:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
You are not helping my anxiety about having more than one child at all. Thanks. :)
Dustin...you're sick! LOL
Thanks for the good laugh! Love Porters new hat- nice way to start my morning since I have been blog surfing for the last 40 minutes when I should be packing!! You are the first person to hear the news via your blog- but the papers came through this morning and we are officially renting our house to the Government! Suck! Okay- enough about me- did you do your little song and dance for your hubby in your cute dress? I might need to borrow that cuz that was a hot way to initiate the whomp-whomp! Call me!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who loses it. I get mad at Chad for getting after Carter and then the next minute I'm screaming at him. On Sunday he said, "Mom, the Spirit can't be in our home if you're yelling." Ouch
P.S. The "lady things" are hilarious. How do you explain tampons to a three-year-old? I just tell him their mommy's special toilet paper. Hmm. I don't know what kind of messed up kid that will lead do...
Oh H diggity I miss being able to run right over and see your little spazzes when they do funny stuff. It was so amazing to see your cute family but it left me wanting. =) Those pictures are priceless. Also way too go D I could tell you were right at home in that picture. I like your new cute look on your blog and that picture of Porter at the top is so cute it makes me wanna squeeze him. You guys do good work. So call me and not on September 11th ever again. HA HA
Love ya
Heather! Hello - of course I remember you...how could anyone forget! I remember a bunch about you...mostly your talent of making people laugh, looks like you still got it :) Your family is ADORABLE! I'm glad that you wrote me...keep in touch. I love hearing from old friends! Talk to you soon, Terra
Post a Comment