So we had quite the 4th of July this year. Let's see - where to begin. Dustin did not sleep a wink the night of the 3rd or the night of the 4th. I was quite worried about him. His body had the "wiggles" and he could not relax long enough to go to sleep. We did not know why this was happening or what to do. He was suppose to work on the 4th and the 5th. He called in on the 4th, but went in (exhausted) on the 5th. Some know - some do not - Dustin has been sick with all kinds of weird, different symptoms since basically the beginning of June. We could not get into a doctor until July 9th because no one was taking our insurance or those that were were not accepting new patients.Or if they were accepting both there was a waiting list. GRRR - how annoying and frustrating. Needless to say - every last one of his symptoms was related to this medicine he has been taking - I was so relieved - so we're switching the meds. And I'm so glad nothing serious is wrong. Okay - so also on the sleepless night of the 3rd we got a text from my sis-in-law at 4:30 am letting us know that her water had just broke and they (her and my brother) were on their way to the hospital. Yeah - I was so excited. So baby Bryton Douglas King was born on the 4th of July. The next morning, I jumped in a quick shower, thinking all would be well with the kids if I'm fast. Well I got out and saw this:
Crazy kids! And Porter never even made a peep - he just took it all - poor guy.
Charly drew a picture of our day's plans - she is adorable. So I wanted to share her picture (she normally writes her numbers the right way - guess she was too excited to focus.) She showed me the picture and said - first fireworks, then dinner, then bed. 
Early afternoon we went to see the new little baby. Yes, Porter has a huge head, but he's still so cute.


After seeing the baby, we were exhausted from no/little sleep the night before and went home to have a family nap. It was 6:00 pm. After we woke up (around 8 or so) we got ready to go to the church parking lot (across the street from the St. George temple) to watch the fireworks. We were so excited when we got out in the car and saw it was 99 degrees instead of 110 - ha ha. So here's some pics from the fireworks night. Porter loved chewing on his glow stick. And the temple was glowing beautifully. Hope everyone had a great 4th too!!


The next day we had family coming down from Salt Lake to also come and see the new baby - as I was cleaning the house Dustin kept the kids entertained outside. He played the guitar for them and let them play a little too. It was so cute. The neighbor kids got involved and had a good time and it was so sweet for him to keep the kids out of my hair so I could clean up. This is Ethan serenading Charly and Whalen and Mason actually sitting together without fighting. Then of course, my forever smiling, Porter!! :) And Mason - who loves to do whatever daddy does, playing the guitar. 



Thursday, July 10, 2008
Exciting 4th -
Posted by D and H fam at 1:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You are a bloggin' fool! I guess go big or go home, right?
Every time you post it makes me miss your family so much. Those are cute pictures and your kids are so dang cute. That one of Porters big smile and Mason playing the guitar....CUTE! I love your fourth pictures too and I am glad you had so much fun. Charlys picture is adorable that she drew. Love the temple too. Congrats to Brian how fun.
Post a Comment