So, there I was, sitting in the back of the chapel (as usual on Sundays) wrestling my three kids and demanding that they (excluding Porter because he can't really help it at this point), be quiet and sit down. It always feels more like a McDonald's Playland than a Sacrament Meeting in the back there and you can see it in the faces of all the surrounding mom's that are also fighting their kids to be quiet, sit down, quit taking other kids toys - you get the picture. I'm sure many can relate to the feelings of "why do I come every Sunday?" "what am I even getting out of this?" Plus let me add the hubby and I teach Primary - which is great - but those of you that have ever been involved with Primary know it's not the most spiritual uplifter. I would have really liked to have been able to hear the talks today - I think they were on the heritage/making/etc of St. George and the bits and pieces I caught were interesting. But hearing wasn't happening today. Then came the (what I call) musical half time. I love music, so I always look forward to this part of our program. This lovely lady in our ward (LeAnn - also one fantastic visiting teaching partner) gets up to sing a solo (In Humility, Our Savior). She starts singing without the piano at first, immediately, tears sting my eyes - it was so beautiful and so nice to feel the spirit - at church. It didn't take long for the tears to stream - now I'm sure I'm looking good, fighting kids and bawling - what on earth were those around me thinking about me? I thank LeAnn deeply - it was a great feeling. And of course, I know every Sunday why I need to go every Sunday, despite the fact that they DO NOT listen - it's where my kids need to be (and us too). But I thank LeAnn for sharing her beautiful voice and reminding me that the Spirit does dwell at church.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Awww...you're so sweet. I know, I always get jealous when Leann sings because I love to sing...but I'm not a huge fan of singing solo (haha). I would much rather sing with my sisters, but alas, things are rarely ever "just right" in order for them to feel like singing. I also am very touched by music; its like even if you didn't hear a word any of the speakers said, the spirit can still speak to you through music that you can feel, even over the sound of the screaming children. It's amazing isn't it?
So cute new blog!! You are so spiritual and I have always looked up to you for that. And girl you know how much I love music. Especially your mix cds. I wish I could be there to wrestle your kids for you. Hopefully we will be very soon!!
Heather!!!! I love you and I miss you and I'm so glad you stalked me!
You have another baby and he looks just like you!!! Was he a Feb baby too? I just read your whole blog to catch up with you and it sounds like you are still the same Heather - just so cute with the best attitude about everything. Is Dustin ok? It sounds like he has been having some health issues? Is he in nursing school already too? That is a lot you guys have going on. I can't believe Charly will be in Kindergarten! And Mason is just so stinkin' cute! Your little Porter looks like such a sweetie. I am so glad you wrote on my blog so now we can stay in touch. I have thought about you often since you left and felt bad I didn't help you move. Take care! Wendi
First of all sister, let me just say- I feel your pain! Notice how the Wallicks sit right up front? It because for the first 9 years of my first child and then 2nd; and then 3rd child- we were right there with you.. in the back dealing with the same issues. What choice did I have? Adam was NEVER there. So I get what you mean, you wonder why you put yourself thru that, and then at the end of the day- when your children tell you what they've learned, you stop and say "oh yeah- this is why I go."
In 2006 Adam went to church 3 whole times with us! Finally I said "that's it- we are sitting up front and if you don't behave, you get to meet with the Bishop after!" End of story! We still struggle at times but now that Adam is there its been good. Keep your mind set on, it wont always be like this and before you know it- all your babies will be older and you are no longer packing snacks for church- and you'll think back and say "it all went too fast". So blog stalker- keep it up- we love seeing you in primary!
Look at you getting all fancy shaking things up all the time with your background!
Thanks for making me feel better, you rock the hiz-ouse.
How cute! I love your new blog...how do you do cute stuff like that? I guess I'm not cool enough to do that sorta thang!
Post a Comment