I was sitting on my couch today, working away on a blanket for Charly, that is going to take me FOREVER to finish, and all of a sudden I see this car, going backwards across our lawn. I thought for sure it was going to hit our house. My first thought was . . . Mason; I just knew he had gotten into somebody's car and backed it up somehow onto our lawn. I was so relieved when I remembered that we had already put him in his room for his nap. Luckily the palm tree next to our front door stopped the car from hitting the house, however the palm tree did not survive. I go get Dustin real quickly and tell him that a car had just rolled up on our lawn, barely missing the house. As we go outside to check out the scene all the neighbors are coming out too. They had seen it. All thought maybe somebody passed out, fell asleep, had a heart attack or something, but no one was in the car. Come to find out, the guy way up the street had left his car in neutral (running) while he ran inside to open his garage and his car rolled backwards and ended up at our front door. We are all SO very lucky because normally we have like all twenty kids that live on our street outside playing and such, today none of them were outside, so no one was hurt. Anyway - just an interesting event today. We are so glad nobody got hurt, the car was even okay, no damage to the house or anything. We just felt bad for the poor guy that owned the car.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Never A Dull Moment . . .
Posted by D and H fam at 8:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Are you serious? That is so crazy. What a blessing that there were no kids out! Cute new blog! When do you want to go visiting teaching?
See ya later,
LeAnn
Hey...who's sexy white car is that in the background?! LOL...so I can't believe you took pictures, how embarassing (for him) hopefully he doesn't mind, haha. Anyway yeah that was crazy ha!
Totally had something like that happen on my street a couple of years ago - it's scary! My neighbor had her 2 kids in the car, long story short, I almost got my legs amputated because I tried to be a hero.
Anyway, I'm so glad no one was hurt! Freaky! PS - where's my blanket?
That is crazy! I'm sorry Dustin is having a hard time getting into the program. That sucks big time! You always have such a good attitude about everything though!
Yes, we are still in Logan. Well, Providence actually, but close enough. We finally got out of Aggie Village. I thought it was probably time to leave when a young sweet thing in the ward said, "Wow. You're 28? I hope I look as good as you when I'm 28." Ok, that does it. Now we're the old fogies and it's time to leave. We live in a duplex and it's great because it has a yard and it's a nice little neighborhood and a great ward. Chad still has a couple of years of school left so we're just hanging out. The kids are just as cute as can be and even though Carter drives me near insanity on a daily basis, he is so smart and cute I guess I'll keep him around. Kate is just at that cute 18 month stage and so far is not much trouble. Let's hope it stays that way. Anyway, that's us. Hope you have a fun weekend. By the way, do you still check out all the great travel rates online? If so, let me know if you see any good deals for Disneyland. We want to go sometime this winter or early spring.
Yay! I am glad that I can add you now! Awesome blog! You guys are all so photogenic (is that how you spell it?)..anyway...all your photos are so cute-even when you were in labor..what??Anyway, have a great week! it was fun to see you on Saturday!
Post a Comment