Tuesday, August 19, 2008

School Days . . . I did it

Well, I was SO brave and I let my Charly girl ride the bus to school. I have even let her do it everyday. She started Kindergarten on the 12th, she was up at six am, eager and anxious to start this new phase of life. We didn't have to be there (I got to go with her on the first day) until ten, so I sent her back to bed. The next day, however, when I went to wake her up at seven to get ready for the bus, the fit arrived. She didn't want to get up and had decided that she doesn't want to go to school anymore. Oh, man, only in Kindergarten - we have such a long road ahead of us if she doesn't want to go to school already. After I finally got her to eat her breakfast and have a bath, she had a mood change. And actually, we had to go convince the neighbor boy to come out from behind the couch and ride the bus with Charly. He was scared too. She has enjoyed it thus far and is proud to tell me everyday that she didn't even get into any trouble. I am, so far, relieved. You know how they act at home, and can only wonder how they act when they are not around you. So, here are some pics of her first couple of days of school and of my brave little girly girl riding the bus. I only choked up a little bit, but was able to control it in front of the other moms that had far more sanity over their kids riding the bus than I did. I even made sure Charly had the bus number memorized so she would get on the right bus to come home - the mom's just laughed at me - thanks guys!! :)


These last few pictures are of the boys waiting for the bus to come pick up their sister and of Porter working on his sitting up skills. He's learning these things so quickly and much earlier than his sister and brother did. He's determined to be up and about - I'm not ready for him to be so mobile, but what can ya do when he is ready to get up and move? He is already just about to crawl and only started trying to do so about a week ago.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

So- how did that waffle turn out for you? You are sooo brave to let Charly ride the bus! Cute pictures! We need to get a girls nite set up

Shannon said...

Missed you at church- I so was going to use you for my lesson. It was hysterical! I'll tell you later